What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

glass look

PAKMN

Hello.
Was wondering, how can i make a glass look ,like in windows and table tops. have tried ,but cant get the look I want,

Sanby

Power User
I am not eaxtly sure how one would accomplish this effect either. I am assuming you are looking for a glass plane, not a glass bead like my avatar? I think the easiest way to do just that might be in a 3D program, but I am not an expert, so you'll want to wait for a better answer probably.

SAnby

JyNx

depends what type of glass look you want to create...

buttons, balls, planes ect.

Jynx

wbiss

Guru
Pakmn, it's all a matter of light... highlights, shadows & reflections. Just take a look at a window or a nicely waxed tabletop and you'll see what I mean. ;)

theKeeper

Guru
I agree with Wendy here... real-world study will help to solve this quandry. [excited]

wbiss

Guru
Thanks for the link to that thread, G-Man.;) It's one that I hadn't seen before and the links that you provided in it are of valuable information to me. :D

Sanby

Power User
Thanks for that link also, very advanced stuff but I good read will help I think.

Sanby

PAKMN

great site

Thats a great link, hope I can learn something from it,

wbiss

Guru
That looks great PAKMN! :perfect: Now you really should post it in one of the Christmas threads for all to enjoy!;)