What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Gradient blur"? (Or what it's called :-p)

LeMort

SInce this is my first post....
Hi everyone. This looks like a jolly nice place :)

How do I make the word "grafisk" on the attached picture be blurred as the original photo? (I know the word isn't 100% correct placed :) ) I know howto blur it, but how do I make it "gradient blur" (or what it's called :p)

Thank you in advance

MortenF

I believe you are looking for Lens Blur.

Hi LeMort,

I presume that the word, 'grafisk,' is on it's own layer? If so I'd suggest using a layer mask followed by the Lens Blur or Gaussian. If you aren't familiar with the layer mask, make the type layer active and rasterize the type. Then use the second button from the left at the bottom of the layers palette to put a layer mask on the text layer. Now go to the gradient layer and choose a simple black to white gradient. With the layer mask active, use the gradient tool from the beginning of the word along it's axis to the end, with the white at the 'g' end. Now apply your blur filter. The way the mask works is that white reveals, black conceals and greys are proportional (the darker the more condealment).

Here's the result of my quick attempt.

Thanks for the help :)
A long day at work wears out the braincells and I just didn't thought of trying Lens Blur.

Cheers :perfect:
MortenF

Back