What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graphic card for Photoshop 2022

Gigi

I must buy a new graphic card for my computer with Windows 10. As I had problems with the previous card using Photoshop and Camera RAW I will be glad to have a hint about what is the best graphic card to buy for Photoshop 2022.
Thanks.
Gigi

Fotoshopist

Personally I'm an nVidia fan but in general I would say, "get the best you can afford". Any current card on the market from ATI or nVidia should do just fine.
YMMV but with my nVidia card I had to do the following for the best results. Disable G-Sync if your monitor supports it. Having it enabled caused odd flickering when zooming and doing certain things in Ps and other Adobe products. Also use the nVidia "Studio" Diver versions rather than the gaming versions. This reduced crashes or oddities I was having in After Effects or some GPU accelerated processes in Adobe apps.
If your building a whole new system, I would also recommend getting a color correct monitor. Like the ASUS ProArt series or Viewsonic ColorPro line.

Hope this helps.