What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hashed colored line

phrysque

Hey all! I apologize if this is a really simple question. I'm a newbe to this forum, and I don't use PS frequently...

I'm wondering if there's a way to get a hashed fill for a line. Basically, the project I'm working on is documenting (overlaying on the campus map) data connections between buildings. Some buildings have multiple different types of connections (up to 3 types--colors) that follow the same physical path. I'd like to simplify the visual by combining fill colors, without having to have an extensive legend mapping different colors to different configurations.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this automatically?

Thank you!
example.jpg

Last edited:
Hi phrysque, I have written an action which will create a striped fill and add it to your patterns. It's available HERE.
When you want to add a striped line:
1. Set FG colour to Blue
2. Make a new layer (Shift+Ctrl+N)
3. Make the shape of the line with the Rectangular Marquee Tool and fill it with Blue (Ctrl+Del).
4. (Shift+F5) will open the Fill dialog box. Use: Pattern / Custom Pattern: select the new red striped pattern made by the action.
5. Press OK and the shape will be filled with RED and BLUE stripes as you required.
Feel free to edit the shape action as you please.
BlueRed-Stripe.jpg

Back