What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have these images been photoshopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie8802

Hi - this isn't a request for photoshop work, however, I would really appreciate if any photoshop experts can confirm whether the attached images have been photoshopped as I believe someone is trying to extort money from me by claiming they are pregnant. You'll see there are a series of Clearblue pregnancy sticks on different backgrounds and a doctors appointment card. What triggered my suspicion was the Clearblue image against 2 denim legs - it makes the Clearblue stick look too big, certainly, when compared to the image against 1 denim leg + it looks like it's almost floating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20180721_130054.jpg

20180721_130158.jpg

20180721_132114.jpg

20180721_140510.jpg

c2aec538-68ae-4a4a-bccd-7c4a06b13521.JPG

Argos

Guru
My opinion is not photoshopped, but it could be.
Anyway, I don't think it matters if it is photoshopped or not for what you need to know, could be a friend pregnancy test, a fake one, etc..

charlie8802

I should maybe have been more specific by saying - has the Clearblue sticks been photoshopped onto the various backgrounds?

Argos

Guru
Again I don't think so, it would be an extremely good and hard work and incomprehensible to me to do that in this pictures with plains backgrounds.

polarwoc

Guru
My personal opinion is they do not look photoshopped. If they were, they have really been very meticulous about minute details. Even proportion wise the sticks look natural vis-a-vis the denim legs.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My personal opinion is that these images have not been Photoshopped. These are actual photos.

charlie8802

How about scale though? When you compare the image with a Clearblue stick across 2 legs vs. 1 leg - the Clearblue stick looks twice as big on the 2 leg photo (these are supposed to be the same legs).

Argos

Guru
that's because the stick on the two leg photo is closer to the camera, and not touching the legs, I don't know how to explain this in English.... the legs and the stick are separated for a distance, but being a zenithal angle it's harder to see it.

charlie8802

Thanks for all your replies. Just for my education - why does the doctor's appointment card photo have such a blurred background? This photo was allegedly taken with an S7 edge - which has a decent camera.

Argos

Guru
I don't know how it's called in English, but that is the "focal distance" it depends on the diaphragm and obturator speed on the camera, and the distance to the object. You can put bokeh on google image and see examples of it.

polarwoc

Guru
Argos meant Focal Length and Shutter Speed. I reaffirm that the visiting card photo does not look photoshopped either. You can notice the fingers are in focus because the camera is focussed for that distance while everything at a farther distance is blurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.