What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have these photos been edited?

Jenny-Lei

I saw a few photos that had some obvious anomalies that was being passed off as real. I was just wondering if anyone else thinks these photos have been edited?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 10.30.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 10.30.12 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 12.56.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 12.56.51 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • Turpin 2 (1) (1).jpg
    Turpin 2 (1) (1).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 3

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Jenny, do you mind taking the time to point out what you believe has been changed in these images?

Nxxl

Do you feel the faces have been pasted onto those kids? Looking at the second picture, I had a slight feeling. But when I saw a few of the pictures where they're faces a blurred, I see some resemblance with the shapes of their eyes.

This is the picture, posted by Fox5 News.
Image.jpg

Argos

Guru
The second has editing like, softness, removed the yellow cast, add contrast, etc.. Pasted faces....sure not...

Jenny-Lei

Hey Jenny, do you mind taking the time to point out what you believe has been changed in these images?

1. The hand/arm coming around the front of the child with "Thing 10" was the most obvious for the following reasons;
A. It doesn't appear to proportionately belong to anybody
B. The tone of the skin is off by comparison to the others
C. It's resting in an unnatural position
D. Seems larger than it should by proportionately
2. Right Above that pasty hand/arm on said child is another little hand entangled in said child's hair.
A. The hand goes back to form an arm in a red sleeved jacket that belongs to nobody as the mothers arm is above it
B. Arm is made to look like part of the baby to me?
3. Hair below the ears of said child and child 7 (Thing 7) appears to be the same. Possible cut and paste?
4. The baby is missing his pointer finger and it's thumb
5. Hand on the shoulder of child wearing thing 7 shirt appears to have a greyed out looking arm and shoulder coming off it
6. Hand coming around child wearing thing 12 shirt in very unnatural pose
7. Two girls ni back row next to the boy seems to be crudely added as an after-thought
8.Two girls with the hand shake pose is off
9. Girl on the far left appears to have a hunch-back according to where the hand around he neck is sitting
10. Smudge tool used on forehead of thing 10 and 12 at least

There are more that I've noticed with leg placement and so on but this will do for now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 12.56.51 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 12.56.51 AM.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 2

Jenny-Lei

The second has editing like, softness, removed the yellow cast, add contrast, etc.. Pasted faces....sure not...
Hi Argos, can you please take a look at my response to IamSam? I list 10 edits that I think have been applied. What do you think?

Jenny-Lei

Do you feel the faces have been pasted onto those kids? Looking at the second picture, I had a slight feeling. But when I saw a few of the pictures where they're faces a blurred, I see some resemblance with the shapes of their eyes.

This is the picture, posted by Fox5 News.
View attachment 84181
Hi Nxxl, I've added a list of 10 suspicious areas in my response to IamSam. Are you able to take a look at each point for me please?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the list.

I'm personally going to stay out of this, sorry.

SMOk3

Power User
Looking at the second image, even without your list, I would deffo say yes.

Argos

Guru
Hi Argos, can you please take a look at my response to IamSam? I list 10 edits that I think have been applied. What do you think?

As i said in my first post i see the second image edited with contrast, saturation, smothness etc, but i dont see nothing like added arms , faces or that kind of stuff, sorry.....

Nxxl

Everything looks fine, but that arm on "Thing 10". The hand which is in his hair looks more like it's coming from the boy standing behind her, but the other arm which has a different color... I don't know.

Won't come to a conclusion that it's been photoshopped because I've been viewing all of this from my phone.