What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

healing vs. cloning

mrdinh

which tool is better to remove dust in photoshop7?...i like the healing but people keep saying to use cloning...why?

cool..thanks for the quick response...i'll give that a shot!

you are more than welcome. Remember to share your discoveries! ;)

To remove dust (from a scanned photograph I assume), I first use the save as command to be shure I work on a copy and that the original is well protected, then I take a look at the individual channels. The usual culprit is the blue channel (when working in RGB that is). Changing original material in one channel only (I first clone, then eventually use the healing brush for finishing) is less of an interference than working on all three channels together. Besides: working in colour is always less predictable.

i'm talking about removing dust from the image...dslr cameras tend to attract dust into their ccd sensor due to changing the lenses...but i think same editing applies

Great links Pierre :perfect:

I'm going to experiment with those 2 today ;)

Back