What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Nova Scotia

raven4ns

This seems like an interesting community and one where I could get help if it was needed. I am a retired male that enjoys photography. My background is as follows, I was a pilot and flying instructor, an air-traffic controller and retired as a stockbroker. Most of the images that I shoot are abstracts, intimate landscapes as opposed to the grand landscape and B&W.
Hopefully, I can get some help in selenium toning my B&W images using PS. The look I am trying to accomplish is one where the image has a subtle purple hue to it which leaves the blacks very dense and makes the mid-tones very rich looking. The highlights will be slightly shifted to an off-white tone thereby reducing their impact on the overall look of the image.
Many years ago I had made a start on this but health issues got in the way. With a little luck, a bit of help, I'm hoping I can complete this task which will see my images take on a look similar to Ansel Adams.

Hi and welcome to PSG!
Share some of your work with us and ask away if any problems...

Hello jujja,
Thank you for the welcome. I am from Dartmouth, NS and an amateur photographer. Years ago I was using PS3 so I have much to relearn and catch up with.

Back