What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help achieving VHS Glitch effect

privateeye

Hey everyone! I've been trying to achieve a VHS glitch effect in photoshop for some time now, but have been having trouble. I found a t-shirt design by an artist who has done this effect really well:

800x400-mm.jpg

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how I can try an achieve this effect - I've already tried data bending an image file, but the results are no where near as good as this design.

Any ideas?
:yourock:

Hey guys, I gave it another go, I don't think it's too far off what the original artist did, but obviously he's much better than I am! I also heard that he doesnt use photoshop, so I have no idea how he did it :/

Anyway, what do you guys think of this attempt? If I spent more time Im sure I could make it look nicer but I did it very roughly as I was figuring out a technique. If you guys are interested I can do a tutorial for this seeing as there doesnt seem to be one anywhere on the internet

EFFECTRECREATION.jpg

Thanks, now I have a headache, trying to read those darn things!:banghead::rofl:

If you want to go completely off the deep end adding even more efx, here is what you get if you add:
diffusion
fog
horiz motion blur
grain
spherical distortion
TV shaped vignette mask
scan lines

Conclusion: It's always easy to further muck up an image. :rofl:

Attachments

• EFFECTRECREATION-tjm01_acr0-ps01c-8bpc-crop_686px_wide-02.jpg
    EFFECTRECREATION-tjm01_acr0-ps01c-8bpc-crop_686px_wide-02.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 66
Thanks tom!

I tried to post a direct link to the image in this thread this morning but I need to wait for it to get approved - I also made a thread in the Forum Tutorials section like Tom just mentioned, so have a look there if my post doesnt appear :)

Refresh your screen and look again.

You were too fast on the draw. :yourock:

I was entering the link to the full rez version as you were typing.

T

Back