What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Pen tool error

arunonline

Sir,
Beginner in designing. Had to do a simple work in Adobe Illustrator using Pen tool. I dont know how to explain the issue. i hope you will understand what i meant below.

When i use pen tool & after drawing a path, when i move the cursor anywhere in the document window, the path will follow the cursor. it wont cut after the last point. So, after drawing a path, when i move the cursor to change any options, the path follows the cursor which makes it difficult & confusing. To make this clear, im uploading the screenshot of the issue. Hope you will understand.
Dont know the solution but i guess its due to some wrong settings. I hope i get the solution soon.

00.jpg01.jpg02.jpg

Looking at the images, it looks like your not closing your selection.

Looking at the images, it looks like your not closing your selection.

Sir,
thnxx for the response.
As u suggested, im sure that im closing the selection. To confirm that, im attaching 3 images where i have drawn a curve. Plz see that.
On the 1st image, i tuk the pen tool & drawn a curve.
On the 2nd image, im moved the cursor to the 2nd anchor point & clicked on that point resulting in the closing of selection.
Now on to the 3rd image, after closing the selection from the 2nd anchor point, im just moving my cursor to the right side of the screen (plz note that i havent clicked in the mouse while moving - im just moving the mouse to the right side) but the line just follows where ever the cursor goes.

hope u understood the real problem.
i hope u can help me in the next reply.

Attachments

• step 1.jpg
    step 1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 0
  • step 2.jpg
    step 2.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 0
  • step 3.jpg
    step 3.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 0
After looking at your images, I have the feeling that you still need to close your selection.
If you look at my screens you will see what I mean. Image Ai shows that without the selection closed
the line will follow you. But image Ai1 shows that when it is closed then the problem does not persist.

Attachments

• Ai.png
    Ai.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Ai1.png
    Ai1.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 0
After looking at your images, I have the feeling that you still need to close your selection.
If you look at my screens you will see what I mean. Image Ai shows that without the selection closed
the line will follow you. But image Ai1 shows that when it is closed then the problem does not persist.

Ok Sir,

i will look into it. Thnk you for the assist.

Back