What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Help please

Anne O'Grady

I am the girl on the left. Can someone please photoshop out that strand of hair coming down my right cheek please ?? Thanks so much

IMG_0099.JPG

@Babine I liked that you cleaned up the image. However, the colors are just too far off. Have you calibrated your monitor recently?

@Babine I liked that you cleaned up the image. However, the colors are just too far off. Have you calibrated your monitor recently?

Here's what I get with the current settings of my monitor Sam. Will you please show me where the differences are other than an increase in contrast and/or saturation?
Thanks.

Colours.jpg

Hi Babine:

I absolutely agree with you - Photoshop does have a lot of doorways to go thru.

If you don't mind, using your revision as a base, I made some additional corrections. There was a green cast reflecting from the shirts onto the girls arms, necks, and faces. I made some hue/saturation changes to remove the cast. Not my strong suit but did my best.
Also the girl on the right - I raised her fallen sock. The middle girl - jsut filled some gaps in her hair.
Filled in some blown out color on the shirt of the girl on the left.
@IamSam - can you offer some insight on your comment regarding color?
Thanks everyone for your talent, insights, and teaching moments. Greatly appreciated by this perpetual student!

- Jeff

soccer players REV.jpg

Will you please show me where the differences are other than an increase in contrast and/or saturation?
It's color that you have problems with......

I took a info panel sample point from both....

Original photo....
R: 130
G: 225
B: 63
Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 9.57.59 PM.png

Here's the @Babine edit and we now have....
R: 0
G: 205
B: 0
Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 9.57.50 PM.png

This is a major difference in color. These changes happen throughout the entire edited photo. Can you explain why this may be happening?

I have to admit that I think Babine its usually a little bit too aggressive with the post-processing for my taste... but i don't see it in this case..maybe a little bit on the shirts ... for the example Iamsam provide he just removed the reds and blues from the shirt.. but unless I misunderstood something i don't see anything wrong with altering a little bit the colors on a picture, it happens all the time...

but unless I misunderstood something i don't see anything wrong with altering a little bit the colors on a picture, it happens all the time...
I agree it happens all the time and there's nothing wrong with it. You have misunderstood me.We all have our own ideas about color management and they differ significantly. I also agree that I think Babine is too aggressive with post. But................most color adjustments don't alter the original colors to this degree.

I'm not saying anything is necessarily wrong, my original concern was that the color difference was being caused by a monitor being out of adjustment. HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is being done on purpose, then I will forever keep my mouth shut about it!

Haha you don't need to shout your mouth I was more worried about if i didn't understood or miss something than anything else... :roflmao::roflmao:

Good thread. Luv it when a variety of opinions are expressed.
Keeps me curious.
I agree that my submissions can be 'overdone' to some but it's to my personal likes only. I may have the wrong approach but in many cases, I wonder if the OP has seen what 'might be' with some colour, light and saturation corrections as examples. What I post is my attempt to make the change(s) that the OP has initially requested and then offer a further enhanced/corrected result.

Thanks for the input.

It's color that you have problems with......

I took a info panel sample point from both....

Original photo....
R: 130
G: 225
B: 63
View attachment 100802

Here's the @Babine edit and we now have....
R: 0
G: 205
B: 0
View attachment 100803

This is a major difference in color. These changes happen throughout the entire edited photo. Can you explain why this may be happening?

I don't think that it is a colour problem with my settings or my monitor. It is simply a personal preference.