What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with aqua text

devour

Sorry in advanced for all these newbie question. I just started using adobe :( .

http://www.balzasteel.com/tutorials/aqua/aqua.htm Is the tutorial i'm working on atm.

I get lost on the 2nd step though. Do I have to make a extra layer then apply these effects? or do I apply these effect on the text layer?

1 more question : does the version of adobe matter to these tutorial? (i'm using 7.0)

Welcome to the forum devour! :)

I just took a quick "glance" at the tutorial that you posted, and I would follow the directions as written. IOW, NO, the author is not asking you to make a new layer. You simply "double click" on the text layer that you created in Step #1. Then, up pops the "Layer Styles" menu... and from there you will be applying certain effects directly onto your text layer. ;)

Good Luck with your learning process! Just remember to be patient... read carefully... and have fun! And, if you make mistakes... no big deal. You learn even more!!!! ;) :D

Back