What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Crop Tool

kris.meaney

For some reason the functionality of the crop tool has changed by itself, I did not intentionally change it. Normally when I crop, I draw a box, i can set the width and height at my leisure. Now my crop tool is changing its size automatically. If I try and adjust the width, it automatically adjusts the height as well. So I cannot simply crop an inch of left or right side of canvas. If I try and adjust the width, the height changes also. I cannot just crop in one direction either left-right or up-down. Its like its changing its relativity all on its own. I have fiddled with it and cannot figure it out. Searching google just lands me onto a different version of photoshop which its instructions are no longer valid for the version I am using. This is a real headache as it just started doing this on its own. Thanks for any help please!

PRESTON

First of all, enter the version of photoshop you use
and then post a screenshot of the crop problem.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What Ps version are you using?
What are your Crop Tool Settings?
Have you tried Classic mode?

Have you reset the tool?
Have you reset Ps preferences?