What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hopefully easy problem for someone

crashandburn

hopefully this is easy for someone out there to help with.

trying to touchup a photo of a model i took, just one problem is that her lipstick needs a gloss feel to it at the moment she has a natural colour on by the photo needs a gloss on the lips to finish it off.

any help give would be grateful and most welcome

crash

Welcome to the community crashandburn.
Hope you enjoy your stay. [excited]

Here's what i'm thinking about this...

Open a Vogue, Cosmo, Chatelane, or other fashion magazine, and look for a photo of a product model. Usually any kind will do, they're a dime-a-dozen in those mags. A lipstick model would of course be the perfect choice. ;)
Examine how the shine on her lips looks.

Ask yourself... "What makes her lips 'look' shiny?".
Be VERY basic in your examination. Don't go over-thinking the effect. Keep it simple, and then think about how you might go about reproducing that look with Photoshop. What tools and methods would you use?...

If after doing this, you still don't have a clue, i'd be more than happy to explain the technique -- it's hardly a technique though... just applying some simple white highlights with the Airbrush... DOH! [doh] Aaa crap! I got ahead of myself there! ;\

Aaa well... do what i suggested first anyway... you'll give yourself a better idea of what you need to do.
Good luck!

And feel free to post your results here if ya want! :perfect:

Yes... welcome to the forum crashandburn! :) As theKeeper has explained, you'll find this to be easier than you first thought! ;)

welcome aboard crashandburn

would love to see the before and after shots too :perfect:
sfm

thanks for all the welcomes and thanks keeper problem sorted and now all i need to do is explain to the girlfriend why i spent two weeks touching up a picture of a female model ........... anyone know a good lawyer :(

crashandburn:
thanks for all the welcomes and thanks keeper problem sorted and now all i need to do is explain to the girlfriend why i spent two weeks touching up a picture of a female model ........... anyone know a good lawyer
:rofl:

[confused] Duh... if they weren't your girlfriend's lips that you were putting the "shine on", there's no lawyer in the world that's gonna win this one for you! ;)

Back