What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Can I make my webpage fill up the browser window?

chantelle

Hi,
I sliced and "saved for web" and then made a few changes in Dreamweaver.
The problem is that there is too much white space around the site. It doesnt fill up the browser window. I am assuming that this has something to do with the dimensions that I set in the html?

Can anyone help?

Thank you Much!
Chantelle

Need a little more information to help , perhaps a screen shot of you browser window

chantelle, to fill a window you will need to set it at 100% rather than the size of pixels. Be careful though that it doesn't blow your image out.
When I do my sites in PS I make them 770 pixels but I have a background colour so that the page fills with that, (as in www.sitedezigns.com my site) or you could create a background pattern to fill the page (as in my clients site www.daintreecloud9.com).
sfm

Thanks for your help.
changing the pixels to 100% works on a couple of my other projects, but not this particular photoshop site, which was made with slices. The site design will not allow me to make a background pattern to fill the page.
I am currently trying to experiment with changing the pixels in Photoshop....

Thanks again

Hi Chantelle.

There are a couple of things you can do.

in the DW page properties section (Ctrl-J) there is a spot to set top and left margins set those four boxes to 0 ... then check your body tag and see what changes DW made -- then you can easily hand code them at any time -- it puts the necessary tags for both Exploder and Netscrape.

The second thing is create your slices so one area is "generic" enough it can repeat/ tile
Macromedia has a quicktime video on their site which will walk you through how to make a "flexible" table which will fill your browser window.

Heres the link to the Autostretch tutorial. Hopefully it will give you some ideas

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/tip/005.html

This is kind of hard to find on the Macromedia site, but heres a list of other usefull quicktime tutorials
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/tip/archive.html

hth
stan...

Back