What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I see the recently SAVED files, not recently OPENED?

AndyCole

Hi all, I am a newbie to the forum, and a newbie on Photoshop CC 2018.

I have a lot of experience on photoshop up to CS4 but have recently gone to Photoshop CC 2018. One of my common workflows is to open and edit a RAW file, then save as a TIF, perform some automated actions to save other versions and then re-open the TIF to do some more actions.

In previous versions, when clicking file..open recent, I would see a list of all the recent files you have SAVED, including the TIF (my master file). Now, I only see a list of files I have OPENED, so the only choice is the RAW file, which of course doesn't have any of my initial edits.

Is there a quick way of opening recently saved files? My workaround at the moment is to have the folder where I am saving the tiffs open in explorer, and double clicking it to re-open in Photoshop.

Thanks
Andy

I'm not sure if this could help...because I've never heard of that feature in PS.
Open Photoshop, then click on File > Open Recent > Clear Recent Files List.
Once done, restart Photoshop and then open an image in the application, apply an edit, close it and see if the images show in the recent list or not.
As I said, I'm not sure this is helpful since with the Open recent command, you actually see also the opened files and not only the saved onces...

Yesm this works because the name of the file I have saved is the same as the file I have opened. But I don't want to open the file I opened, because in my usual workflow, that's the RAW file.
Adobe have definitely changed something because the recent files used to list each named file you opened OR saved.

Sorry that I can't be of much help since I started PS with version CS6 and PS changed so much until now...
Imagine the changes since CS4...

Last edited:

Back