What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I color grade to get this look?

tomeriksen

Love the cinematic, pale and earthy tones in these shots by Lumina. Any color geniuses out there that can give some pointers on how to achieve it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1352471.jpg
1364205.jpg

1372755.jpg
1372780.jpg

Here is a "normal" shot from the same office:

Mod note: This image can be used as an example but the watermarks and copyright can not be removed.
85239.jpg

It appears to be desaturated a bit with the shadows lifted and the highlights dropped. I would start by dropping the saturation with a hue/saturation adjustment layer and then throw a curves adjustment layer on top of that and lift the black point a little bit and drop the white point a little bit and see where that gets ya.

For what it's worth (apologies if this is not allowed) I made a video a while back on how to 'steal' a color grade from certain photos - not sue if this is applicable here as it seems to be more of saturation/luminance tweaks

Back