What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you do this........?

G

george1

How to I make a copy of, say, a layer pallet and put it on a new canvas so that I can make notations on it and send it email. I know how to make circles or arrows on the canvas but I don't understand the exact procedure to get a copy of the pallet onto the canvas. If there is a tut somewhere in PSG Forums please direct me to it. Thanks.
george1

George, use the Alt+Print Screen combination and it will copy the active window to the clipboard. You then open a new document and then select Edit/Paste or you press Ctrl+V. The canvas will resize itself to the size of the window that you're pasting.

If you want more empty space around your pasted image, then you need to resize the canvas.
Go to Image/Canvas Size.... When you look at the section called Anchor, then you will notice a few arrows. These indicate the direction in which the canvas will be resized. If you want your pasted window in the upper left corner, then you have to click on the upper left square. Then you have to change the Width and Height of the canvas.

If you make a full screen copy using Print Screen only and you want to remove the surrounding areas, then you have to use the Marquee tool and select the area that you want to keep. Then select Select/Invert which will reverse your selection. Then press the Delete key to delete the surrounding area.

If you place every screen copy on a separate layer, you will be able to move them around using the Move tool.

Let me know if you have any more questions ;)

I think you are an excellent teacher. Is this the way it is supposed to come out? If so, it is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a million. You made my day! B7 B7 B7

Looks great to me, George! Only one suggestion: You may not need that large a canvas (unless you're planning on putting it somewhere where that's a requirement).

If your background layer is really a background (not a filled transparent layer), double-click on it to turn it into a real layer (it'll be called layer 0 by default). Then, hide layer 0; go to Image > Trim. Check "transparent pixels" and be sure all 4 bottom checkboxes are checked. Click Okay; it'll trim it down to the smallest size and maintain everything that is a pixel. You can turn on Layer 0; it's still there, but trimmed.

Looks great George and I'm happy to see that now YOU can share your PS knowledge with other people and that's part of what this board is all about ;)

Thanks gang, you all are very encouraging. I figured out after I posted the thing it was too big and I could have made it smaller and made the background transparent. Next time I will do that. Now I'll just practice some more. I hope I can put it to good use and contribute to the Forum. It's a great place. I have learned a lot since coming aboard.
george

George, I love your sig :perfect: Goes for women, too!

Julie:
I like yours too. We have three cats. Used to have a dog. We would call the dog and he would run us down. We call the cats and they sit there and think about it. Although we do have an outside cat who comes in to eat. When he wants to go out he comes into the room, gives us a small meow and trots back to the door and waits for someone to open it. He has us well trained, I must say.
george

Hey gang, can you direct me to a site where I can learn how to set up a web gallery? Thanks.
george

Back