What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many of you are graphix makers?

samifox

hi

I just wonder how many of you are getting money of making graphix and how many of you doing it just for fun?

(both fun and money are not account ;) )

Thanks
Shay

I make my living with Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc., but I still wouldn't do it if it was not fun and if I did not enjoy it.

I'll have to agree with Fred....I make a living out of Phtotoshop and Dreamweaver too, but if it wasn't fun I would probably do something else. And if I have the time for it I can play around in Photoshop when I'm not working too.....which doesn't happen that often.....unfortunatly :(

But of course it's fun :D

C.

I started out using Photoshop purely from a "hobbyist" point of view... but interestingly, I'm getting more and more commissioned work! :D Perhaps, one day, I'll make a "living" out of it... :\

If there was no Photoshop...

...there would be no "Inside Photoshop" books.

And Bouton would cease to exist.

I'm kidding.

In the spare time I do not have, I tinker with 3D, and creating fonts. And restoring stuff, and/or digitizing it. I'd say that in the past 11 years I've been on a computer, I've created more artwork than in my 40 some odd years with an analog pencil

My Best,
Gare

Welcome Gare :perfect:

Yea I'm up there with Wendy, started as a hobby but more and more I am getting paid for doing what I love

I get paid every time I do a web site as part of the costs for this includes so many art work hours :D
but since doing my pelican CD I have been asked to do a few brochures too, then the business cards........ my art work and web money is the main income I have......... so yeah I earn a living from art work...... I love it too fun fun fun :rofl:
sfm

I work in an architectural firm. In fact that's where I am rignt mow posting this. [shhh] Coffee break at 10:30 pm.

I use Photoshop a lot in perspective rendering. As well as Corel Draw and Autocad.

Next year I plan to go back to my first love - Graphic Design & Advertising. Probably venture into web design ( A lot to learn next year). Less stress and more time for other important things in my life.

Samifox, you will notice that everyone who has posted a reply uses other apps apart from Photoshop. It would be an advantage to include other apps in your arsenal, mostly especially vector/layout programs if you plan to enter the graphic design field.

You mentioned you were from Israel. (Hava, Nagila Hava - I like that folk song.) What's the Graphic Design scenario there?

vee

dv8_fx said:
What's the Graphic Design scenario there?
Yes, c'mon Shay, instead of only asking questions, how about replying to one this time? :D

dv8_fx said:
I work in an architectural firm. In fact that's where I am rignt mow posting this. [shhh] Coffee break at 10:30 pm.

Only problem with this Vee is that you posted at 8:46 pm a little early for Coffe Break :rofl: :rofl: Big brother is watching :rofl: :rofl: :shocked: :p

Rick said:
Only problem with this Vee is that you posted at 8:46 pm a little early for Coffe Break :rofl: :rofl: Big brother is watching :rofl: :rofl: :shocked: :p

I always thought that time is a relative thing when it comes
to coffee breaks......right, Vee? ;)

coffee break is no prob this end......... I have it on an introvenious (sp?)drip :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sfm

in my case, i wish i could make money with PS.
my days consist of IRC'ing, PS'ing and sometimes playig a game. :)

Ok......

Gaus............i have no chance to reply cuz you do it before i can think to answer......(food for thought Gaus ;) ).

Ava nagila? i dont like that song.

dv8_fx........do you appply that im asking questions that might insult photoshop? ok.....so im sorry than :D i use other apps as well but i cant abandon my "wish list" :D

The Graphic Design scenario here? its infected by USA ideas...most of the work is in Tel Aviv...(im from Beer Sheva which isnt graphic host at all).im not working in Graphix but my ambition is to become an artist. i did some websites (http://www.samifox.8m.com) 3 years ago and i stop and now im trying to redoing it.

where is the spell chack here :rofl:
Shay

8:40pm? Must be the computer's time setting here. I was doing thiat at past 10 [shhh] [confused] .

Can't blame you sammi, Ava Nagila is too old a song. Let's go Alternative Rock. B7

No sammy. You misunderstand. There's nothing wrong with mentioning other apps here. What I meant was using other programs can increase your flexibility and maximize work flow. I tried to point out to you that other graphic designers use a lot of programs at work.

Here in Asia, coffee break is big business. Imagine something like 101 ways to serve coffee. I think this explains why I'm awake 20 hours a day. :rofl: :rofl: .

TIME CHECK HELP.... it's 10:00 am here. What's your time there? ( Ya rignt, I bet I'll have different intelligent answers. :rofl: )

vee

Agreed about other programs. I use Photoshop, Painter, and FreeHand (thank Steve for OS X!!!) PS, of course, is the "workhorse" but sometimes there are things I want to do that only Painter can do (or can do MUCH easier), and an illustration program (FreeHand or Illustrator) is almost a must. I'm just getting my feet wet in 3D, trying to get my mind around it. Using Carrara and Bryce.

As for getting paid, I get paid for web design, and the business is growing to the point that I'm thinking of at least going part time with my day job. But all of us here are "graphix people" whether paid or not :)

Back