What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to achieve this?

ntjm88

Hi all,

I'm wondering how you might achieve the effect in the image below using photoshop. In particular the plants and the furniture, but I'm talking about the general feel.

It almost looks as though it's painted or a high quality pencil drawing. But I know for fact that the plants, for example, are just images that have been photoshopped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

af54988e3b52714b6d1397899348fb46.jpg

I think in this image the 'blacks' are reduced to a dark grey color by using the 'curves tool'.
The look and feel will be close to what you're asking. It all depends on the image you start with.

Curves.jpg

architectural-rendering-.jpg
original image

architectural-rendering-curves.jpg
after curves applied to the image

ntjm88

Thanks very much. Are those trees/plants rendered from a software or are they photo images?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
@chrisdesign posted a photo but when reducing the intensity of the blacks everything looks fake or at least manipulated the way you asked how.

Last edited:
Thanks very much. Are those trees/plants rendered from a software or are they photo images?

This image is a 3D visualization done with 3D software like Cinema 4D , ZBrush or Blender.
But you can apply the curves tool method on an ordinary foto too. You'll get the same effect, no difference at all.