What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Create this Long Drop Shadow Effect?

Tribegal

How would you create the long, black dropshadow surrounding the white text. There also appears to be a stroke around the text. I can get some drop shadow fine by just adding several dropshadow layers.

However, notice how the black creates almost like a color background behind the white text. How do I get that and the dropshadow combined?

I also notice the two "D"s are longer/lower than the other text in defend, would this make this effect more challenging?

Attachments

• defend_the_land.jpe
    defend_the_land.jpe
    124.4 KB · Views: 8

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What version of Ps do you have?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How would that work for 2-dimensional screen printing.
Perfectly.

This is assuming you know how to create the text. It's been 2 years since you last posted and I don't know how much you have learned in that time.

Create the text with strokes, duplicate, then open 3D to do the extrusion. Rasterize the 3D layer, select and fill with black.
(This one is a little wonky since I did it very fast for demo)
Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 8.45.17 AM.png