What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to cut a shape in to equal parts in Photoshop

zoe20

Power User
Hi Gurus i am trying to replicate a nice graphic and i created the shape using pen tool. I got struck where i want to cut that shape to equal parts in Photoshop.Is there option available in Photoshop? Please walk me through the process if it so. I am attached the editable PSD here along with the screenshot.Thank you !!

test.JPG

Attachments

• test.psd
    312.5 KB · Views: 4

JeffK

Guru
Your PSD file didn't open so I just took a screen shot of the above.
Using the pen tool, I drew a white, 3 pt stroke corner to corner and then curved the line.
Them I rasterized the layer with the line, reduced the opacity to about 58%, and added a drop shadow.
Maybe this isn't the proper way to do it but it seemed to work. You can play with some embossing as well....

1669408960917.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What difference can you see here in the original graphic between A, the top, and B, the bottom?

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 12.22.01 AM copy.png

There is a color variation between the gradients applied to the upper and lower halves of the graphic. This is done to suggest depth/dimension. I suspect that the gradients were applied separately. This little "leaflike" graphic is a bit more challenging than you might expect.

I wish I could see the original graphic instead of a 155px x 89px example in the PSD file.