What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Do the Photo Makeover Using PS6

clueless

I have a photo of myself that I wish to try photo makeover to. It's going on my ID badge so if the photo looks bad then I'll only have myself to blame. I'm having difficulty posting but I'll try to see if I can post it. I use PS6. The light was not very good but I want to lighten my skin and even the skin tone, smooth out my wrinkles (the light didn't help), brighten my teeth, open the eyes a bit, etc. Basically the works. Any ideas? I don't know where to start.

Hi clueless, welcome to the community. Hope you enjoy your stay. [honesty]

That tute is not "version specific" clueless, so go ahead and give it a try. Post the results of your progress here so everyone can try to help you, if you get stuck.

Good luck! :perfect:

Hi clueless

Welcome to the board. One thought which immediately struck me was that perhaps a change of the background might be an idea. The cement/stucco wall seems a little hard and the color may not be the best to contrast the portrait. The only other thought was, I wish I had a full head of hair! ;)

OK, here goes. This is after the median filter has been applied. I couldn't go more than 2 pixels on the radius without losing a lot of detail. On the layer mask should I be using reveal all or hide all mask. I don't seem to see any difference in terms of wrinkles but then again maybe I'm doing something wrong. I take it that I merge down before I go to step 2?

Here's my effort. I suppose it could be better, but i'm really that skilled (yet).

Greetz,

ReSiStanz

Resistanz, that last one was scary looking!!! [stuned] [saywhat]

It's hard to open eyes, but here's my play with your pic...

This is a fun challenge
"Let's make Clueless look younger and not squinting!"

And they say WOMEN are vain!!! :rofl:

Here's what I've done so far. In addition to what I did above I used the dodge tool on the midtones at 46% opacity. Added the diffuse glow from the filters.

clueless welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

I did try to retouch your photo ( trying to answer to your requests)
and here are the results.

I just have to make a coment that original photo was a very much compresed so quality to start with was not so good.

Thanks Mark.

I just notice that the light from the background picture doesn`t mach the light sorce of original image so here is correction:

Open a copy of your pic on a new layer.
Then go to the Channels palette, select and copy the blue channel to the clipboard (Ctrl A, then Ctrl C)
Activate the composite channel back again, and in the layers palette, with the copy layer active, add a mask.
Alt-click on the mask thumbnail to activate and Ctrl V to paste the channel in the mask.
Now apply levels and curves to the pic (not the mask).
This way, you can lighten the lights without losing the darks of the pic.

Use liquify for the eyes, and the clone stamp tool for the wrinkles.
If you want to use the blur tool, do it with a small brush on a copy that is too large, then reduce back. Blur makes you lose texture.

Back