What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to even out color burn / linnear burn on a font?

MediumRare15

Hey everyone!

Would be super grateful for tips on how to even out the color burn / linnear burn layer effect I have used on a font. On this image I just want to use the bright pink part as shown on top of the T...

Testing.jpg
I understand that it is because of the reflection from background image.
Just haven't been able to figuer out how I can keep that burn color effect, but with the color evenly spread out on all letters.

Probably a newbie question with a simple solution, but pretty new in this game, so any help is greatly appreciated!
Will buy a coffee to whoever is kind of enough to solve this conundrum ;)

Thanks!

Hello.

So you want all the text to look like the top of this letter T ?

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 8.38.12 AM.png

Do you want to preserve the letters transparency?

Thanks for getting back to me!
The lines are from a gradient filter I used (and forgot to turn off) So that's not supposed to be there.
And yes, I want the text to look like that. Thing is, I have several photos I am working on, where I want to apply the color burn / linnear burn effect on image fonts. Here is another example:
Testing-2.jpg
Here it all works nicely until we get to parts of 8 and 9
So I guess my question is: is there a relative easy way to apply this effect, where I can make the color look somewhat consistenly over the entire text.. But still keep the burn and transparency effect
Hope that sort of makes sense

So I guess my question is: is there a relative easy way to apply this effect, where I can make the color look somewhat consistenly over the entire text.. But still keep the burn and transparency effect
OK.

There's really no way to use the "Color Burn" or "Linear Burn" blending options on the text layer without having the background affect the color in the text. You will have lighter and darker areas of text. This will also happen if you lower the text layers opacity level................it's the nature of transparency.

I have to run for now.................but I will see what I can come up with later in the day! Hopefully others may have suggestions.

Aha, I understand. Well at least that means I was not totally off myself with not figuring it out :)
Thanks for taking the time to check it out, much appreciated!

Back