What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to force PS to save as JPS instead of PSD ?

JPS

Hi ! New here, with a question ! I'm a Photoshop user for a long time, and I always have the same problem: when I want to save a simple image as JPG, clicking on "File > Save As...", the format offered is always PSD !!
I know that I can chose JPG in the "Type" list below, but, as I never use PSD, I'd like to have JPG as FIRST choice...
How can I do that ?
Thanks in advance for any solution...
J-P.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
when you have multiple levels and want to save, it offers you save in psd instead if you have only one level it should offer you immediately save on jpg

when you have multiple levels and want to save, it offers you save in psd instead if you have only one level it should offer you immediately save on jpg
Right after having posted my question, I found out that my image had 2 layers... I flattened them and.... VOILA !
Thanky anyway ;-) !

Back