What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get this Clip art brush?

Claw787

I tried to get these lines but i couldn't. I tried with various brush types.

How do I create these lines? (the lines on top)
(started in a large brush size on top, gradually decreses when coming down)

PS. I need to create in other angles and also curves.

The first way I can think of to get those lines is to use Illustrator, and stroke the lines with an art brush.

That might not be feasible, however, so if you have PS7 or greater, there are some controls in the brush palette that might help you out. In the brushes palette, you can set "Shape Dynamics-Size Jitter-Control" to "fade," so that the farther along in stroke, the smaller it will get.

Or, if you have a graphics tablet, such as one made by Wacom, you can set the size of the brush to be controlled by pressure, which will give you very precice control over this.

Lastly, you could create paths using the pen tool, set up a brush, and then when you stroke that path, there is an option to "simulate pressure."

If any of those sound like what would help you, post, and I can explain it in more detail.

Thx

Thanks for the reply. :perfect:

Well, I have Photoshop CS2.
But, I don't have Illustrator or a graphics tablet.

So, i think it's better to stick to brushes and paths in CS2..........lol

make a brush

Try this; either enlarge tie image or potrtion of the image you want.
On a new layer, trace what you want and fill with black. Open a new window, same PPI as the orig., with a transparent BG. copy and paste the trace into the new window. In the new window go to Select>All
Then go to Edit>Save as new brush. the shape will now be in the brush
pallette at the bottom of what ever brushes your using. It's always best
to use new brushes only on work with the same resolution that you used
to make the brush. and try to make the brush as large as is reasonable.

Brush

Heres an example of a brush that I think makes the lines you are looking for..
Brush tool.
shape Dynamics
contol...FADE...50

Turn it off when your done or you'll drive yourself crazy later.
Good luck,

Lasa

Back