What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Processing How to remove a part (and what to replace with)

K

-KaaL-

Hi,
I can be labelled a little higher than a beginner @ Photoshop. I am trying to remove this red-colored rear light of a car that is in the background. Could anyone suggest ideas on:

1. How to remove it?
2. and What can I replace it with?

Any help and/or ideas are highly appreciated. I have been breaking my head on this for the past 1 week :(

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC00171-1-full-res.jpg
    DSC00171-1-full-res.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
I would just paint right over the red area using the blue-white color immediately surrounding it. Select the color of the surrounding area often so that it blends well on all sides. Maybe apply a gradient making it a bit darker at the bottom. When you feel like that part is done, make a selection of the (former) red area and include a good bit of extra space around it. Copy that selection to a new layer and then give it a healthy blur to match the blurriness that's already there.

Forgot to add... do all of this on new layers. Always leave the original photo untouched on the bottom layer.

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Quick question...............is this part of a larger image? I ask because if this is the entire image, I would just replace the background.

Thanks Rich and Sam! I followed Rich's suggestion and fixed it.

To answer your question Sam, I was thinking about it, but then to the right side of the image, there is more part of the car seen thru the glass windows, hence removing the car from there would have required me to remove it from other parts too. While for Photoshop experts like you, that would have been a child's play and maybe the best solution.

Thanks again to all!

Back