What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to render a to scale drawing

abbey cravennn

hello! im completely new to Photoshop and i need to learn basics! im using this software for rendering elevation drawings so they become more realistic. i just had a couple of questions if anyone can help.
1. how do i put a to scale drawing into Photoshop. ive saved it to scale from auto cad ready to import into Photoshop but i need to make sure its the same scale sizing and not just a zoomed image
2. are there any videos anyone can suggest on learning basic rendering skills

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi abbey
I do not have AutoCad to verify yet there are a number of posts online that appear to give the appropirate information. Here is one such link:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/autocad-to-photoshop/td-p/6744232

It was not clear in your post if you were trying to input Vector format or Raster format to Photoshop.

If your output is in raster/pixel format, as long as the source program was properly scaled and included that information in the image metadata, then Photoshop should pick that up and use the same scale. Without owning AutoCad I am unable to provide more details yet hope that this information is helpful
John Wheeler