What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set up canvas?

johnguo

Hello,
How to set up canvas so whatever cannot fit at a border will come up at the opposite border?

I was wandering how to set up canvas so whatever cannot fit at a border will come up at the opposite border? So for example if i use some flower brush near the top of the canvas and it will go over the top of the top canvas border the part of the brush that didn`t fit would automatically come up at the botom border. I need this for 360 tubular printing , so imagine my 50x50 canvas is actually not a square but in fact a tubular shape, so top and botom are connected. This way i can be sure that the two brushed parts matches perfectly.

Thanks
John

Hi @Johngog
OK, here is another approach. In this approach that the top edge of the document and bottom edge of the document when rolled up will show a continuous pattern.

- Create a document that is an even number of pixels (divisible by 2).
- Create a pattern that fills up the document yet don't go near the top and bottom edges yet. I used butterflies as my example and the document size is 1000 x 1000 pixles

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 7.52.34 PM.png

- Now use the command Filter > Other > Offset with the following settings (change yours for vertical offset to be 1/2 your pixel height

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 8.14.31 PM.png

- The image you now see has the borders in the middle with some white space as below

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 7.53.25 PM.png

- Fill that whtie area in the middle with the pattern you want to cross the top and bottom boundary:

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 7.53.39 PM.png

- and the apply the offset filter again with the same parameters to rotate the image vertically back to original:

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 7.53.58 PM.png

- And you are done

Hope this helps some
John Wheeler

Back