What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't know, just felt like changing "Dr Pepper" to "Dr Dre"

MentosCubing

Power User
This is my first serious attempt at image manipulation of this scale. Normally I just make it convincing enough at a glance that it doesn't look horrible and then call it good, but this time I actually decided to put in some effort and come up with a better result. This is by no means perfect, but I am proud of what I came up with. If anyone would be willing to give me advice on where and how to improve, that would be awesome. (I have some places in mind, but I just want to make sure that other people notice the same stuff as I do before putting effort in to change it.) I'm using GIMP with the Resynthesizer plugin to do this. (The registered trademark R symbol was added quickly at the last minute because the space felt empty to me, but now that it's there, I think it looks worse. Should have corrected the angle better. Or just used the one that was already on the image.Dr Dre Pepper.png)

This looks good. There are a few minor things you could change but not a bad job.

The main one that stands out to me is the missing white graphic like the original..........

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 9.53.31 PM.png

Also, try placing it on a lighter colored BG and add the drop shadows. This will give it some dimension.

Dr Dre Pepper.png
Came back to this with Adobe Photoshop this morning. (I have access to it for about an hour a day on a school computer.) I must say the E looks much better now, I didn't realize how much I was off on that shadow. I might just leave it like this for a while, but I think there is some stuff I would still like to work on, especially near the right edge on the blurry white part (it's shaped a bit weirdly, but I am pretty sure I can fix that with GIMP's Cage Transform). Again, suggestion/critique is encouraged and appreciated, but based on what I got last time I think I'm pretty close to a finished product. There is certainly room for improvement though.Dr Dre Pepper.png

Back