What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like colouring books.....

Sean

Guru
Hey, guys (and girls)! My friend drew a line drawing of a soldier and I asked him if I could borrow it to scan it in and colour it in on Photoshop. So, heres my results: http://img156.echo.cx/my.php?image=soldier17hu.jpg
I used lots of textures, alpha channels, and just coloured in from scratch (no I did'nt make the face), it was really fun and took me a long time. [confused] Hope you like it. :D

hahaha, nice work! Not what I expected at all.

Coloring books are very useful, child and adult alike.

:rofl: :D :} That was fun! I like how you used the face image with the drawn on beard and the bright and interesting texturing for the clothes! Looks cool! ;)

(Took forever on my dial-up to load though, kind of a whopper! But I made good use of the time feeding the dog, having a goat round-up with Larry and Moe (our illustrious duo), made dinner, and folded the laundry -- and then your pic was ready for viewing!!! 8D Sure wish we had DSL here........ :(| )

P.S. Did ya notice anything of the earthquake tonight which was located off Crescent City???? Didn't feel any ground rumbling here, but I have been in others..... just wondering.

Thanks Maya. :D
Oh man, I sure did feel that earthquake! They even issued a brief tsunami warning, but then they canceled it. It shook my whole house even, but nothing fell or broke. I thought it was pretty exiting. 8} [confused]

[saywhat] Wow! Glad you and yours there are all okay! I know it can be pretty freaky, Crescent City has had it's tidal waves before and there's still large driftwood logs across the highway which were tossed up and smashed through beachfront businesses.

After all the shakers I've been in, while living in Calif., none of them compared, though, to the one I went through in Port Angeles, Washington, one afternoon...the ground rolled for several very long minutes and seemed to worsen -- which got scary. You could not walk, or even stand without hanging onto something, and so the best thing was just to brace myself in a doorway and hang on. Amazingly nothing fell off shelves or broke! A stomach turning roll ...and I didn't know a house could bend with something like that! It was awesome though! [stuned]

sweet work on the picture patrick :} how come you never show it at school \:]

p.s. Raven I did feel the earth quake last night though I didn't feel it that much [stuned] ... my dad sad something to me last night about a tidal wave warning?

:B

nice patrick could you post the .TIFF or .PSD of that so i can see what you did layer/channel wise. i am about to get into coloring and would like and idea how you did this.

Nice touch with the blood on the sword :perfect:
I can't wait to see what the B/G is going to look like %}

I tried living in Florida a couple of years ago, but after going thru there hurricane season I turned tail came back home (NYC). I can't imagine going thru earthquakes }P

earthquakes hit without any warning not like hurricanes or tornados :(|
one second you might be sleeping the next you could be across your room }P

Nice 'inking' job p?tr??k.

nitrobutler said:
I can't imagine going thru earthquakes }P

I've been through some doozies. The best part about them as opposed to other roughly equivalent natural disasters is that you get no warning. Boom...yer shakin' and quakin,' adrenaline goes through the roof, and it's over. You look around for the damage and get on with it, generally thanking God you made it through another one. They are a fine mortality test and definitely do shake up mundane existence.

there was one were I was sitting down on my couch when I flew half way across the living room :(| I scared the snot out of me }P

:D Welles quote: "The best part about them as opposed to other roughly equivalent natural disasters is that you get no warning. Boom...yer shakin' and quakin,' adrenaline goes through the roof, and it's over. You look around for the damage and get on with it, generally thanking God you made it through another one. They are a fine mortality test and definitely do shake up mundane existence."

As I've also lived for several years in NY, FL, and NC I would have to agree with you Welles -- hurricanes and tornados are very bad news...and it's kinda hard on you knowing they are approaching and going through all that beforehand. Quakes are quick and done...but all of them can be deadly. Hurricane Andrew was one I escaped -- the Coast Guard was actually trying to give us the Homestead area for our next tour of duty...I objected very seriously to moving there (was living in St. Augustine, FL, at the time) though I wasn't really sure "why" I felt so strongly about not moving there, I liked FL very much....anyway, I refused to move and as my husband talked it over with the detailer about how he'd be forced to go by himself there for a couple of years and the hardship it would be, etc. the CG relented and instead offered us Rosebanks (S.I.), NY and I said "YES!" Shortly after we moved to NY Andrew hit Homestead, FL, and pretty much wiped it off the map. We would have lost everything, maybe even our lives. [stuned] Close call -- glad I refused to go there! ;)

I've also seen a few tornados while in NC --- barely missed being in one in Elizabeth City one stormy afternoon....the sky was dark and leaden with a sick yellowish/greenish cast...it happened suddenly and ripped roofs off many buildings in town as we left! :shocked:

:shocked: Speaking of quakes -- hey Welles, did you notice the one this afternoon in S. Calif????!!! :shocked:

Wow Raven, looks like you had a couple brushes with death... [confused] . The only moment I remember coming close to immanent and painful death was when one day I...gulp...didn't do my homework. :(|

Raven said:
:shocked: Speaking of quakes -- hey Welles, did you notice the one this afternoon in S. Calif????!!! :shocked:

Nope. Missed it. Our area gets affected by the San Andreas fault and 'tributaries' (as I think of them). We don't get affected by So Cal, or the very seismic area near Point Arena. Plus Bonny Doon is on a granite upthrust so we are seismically more stable than anywhere in the area. B7 So much so that the geologists who come to teach at the Univ of Calif, Santa Cruz, all seem to end up in Bonny Doon. Heh.

PS I have considerable regard for Coast Guard folks.

:rofl: :rofl: That's hilarious, Sean! I hope missed homework is the most serious danger you ever have to deal with! ;)

Welles -- glad to hear you are in a good area there and less likely to experience quake damage! :perfect: No wonder the geologists like to stay there. [innocent]

Thanks, too, for your appreciation for us "Coasties." We're kinda forgotten until someone needs rescuing. ;)

"So much so that the geologists who come to teach at the Univ of Calif, Santa Cruz, all seem to end up in Bonny Doon. Heh."

funny :D [excited] :)

raven... he's had worst 8D

That's hilarious, Sean! I hope missed homework is the most serious danger you ever have to deal with!
Accually, I fell out of a tree head first and landed on a block of wood... [confused] ...It was when I used to live at the Lighthouse Ranch which is a huge property with lots of big cyprus trees, and me and my friends were kinda kraaazy. I've never broke anything though, which in my mind is nothing short of a miracle.
Oh yeah, and when I was about 3 I got my fingers sliced off in a sliding van door, but they were able to sew them back on....ouch! [confused] :(|

Back