What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a little help.

Kob31

I'm trying to make these borders with these corners but I got lost here in photoshop could anyone tell me where to start?

I need you to have those bevelled details:

24.png

I thank you for your help.

Hi and welcome to PSG

First thing you need to do is extend the canvas, go to Image and Canvas Size

image.jpg

Then make a selection with the rectangle marquee tool

image1.jpg

Hit CTRL + J to copy that to a new layer and then hit Shift + Backspace to open the fill dialog

image2.jpg

Select color and choose the color of choice, then CTRL + T on that layer to enter free transform

image3.jpg

Right click and select perspective

image4.jpg

Then drag the lower left corner handle to the right until you get this

image5.jpg

Result

image6.jpg

You can then CTRL + J that layer to copy it and again hit CTRL + T on the copied layer and then right click and select flip vertical and hold the shift key and move it to the lower part of the image

Final result

maxresdefault.png

thank you very much for the explanation, it helped me a lot and I already managed to do it here.
cheers!

Just a thought, but if you copy the background layer first, and then add canvas and fill with 50% (or whatever), then you could simply use a Bevel & Emboss layer style to give you the mitered corners. I set the angle to 120° in this one with Chisel Sharp.
1511042869491.png

Back