What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creative I'm colorblind need some textures matched

Acoustic

Creating a terrain for a PC game. Have my surface textures picked out and need the colors matched realistically between the textures. A lot of these textures are going to blend together, so while they don't need to be perfect (real life terrain isn't) they need to look pretty close together in terms of colors. Only issue I have is that I am colorblind and have a hard time telling the difference between certain colors. Not to mention my skills at image editing are already subpar, it just adds fuel to the fire. Tried using the match color feature from photoshop and didn't like the results.

The texture "gdt_strthistles_co" is a good one to base the rest of the textures off of. Arid desert climate is what I am going for. Certainly open to creativity and whatever you can do to make them look better.

gdt_dirt_co.pnggdt_grass_green_co.pnggdt_strdirt_co.pnggdt_strthistles_co.pnggdt_thistle_stony_co.pnggdt_weed_co.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So all of these textures are going to be blended together on a video game terrain. I need the colors of these textures to match each other realistically so they blend smoothly. Rather then seeing one texture for a few steps, and then having a harsh transition to the next one I need them all sorta recolered to be more similar in their colors. Obviously not perfectly matched (as that would be unrealistic) but closer then what they are now.

I'm not certain that I understand what you are wanting to do so I guessed. I put a new layer over-top of #2, #3 and #4 of your examples, sampled a colour in #1 and filled the layer with that colour. I then made a copy of each and blended them down as noted with a black-to-neutral gradient. Coloured.jpg

Ok, so my apologies on not being clear. They don't need to be blended like you did in the 2nd part just the colors blended like did with the color selection but not as strong as what is done. They don't all need to have the EXACT same color pattern, just adjusted with curves and such (or whatever method is preferred).

Back