What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm new... to both this forum and PS. :)

zannie

Hi!

I'm new, my name is Zannie! I'm 26, married to Allan with a 3 month old son, Bruce (aka Brucie). :)

I'm not REALLY new to PS, but i'm new enough. I used to use PS6, but lost my CD and didn't wanna shell out the money to buy a new one, so I got PSP7 instead. I know PSP REALLY well now, however, I was wanting something more robust. I have since found my PS cd, but am a total novice b/c I'm so used to PSP now....

And some basic stuff too - like, how do I change the size of my brush again? Can I make the "background" be promoted to a layer?

(if anyone can tell me that'd be great!!!) Those are some of what I'm running into. I used to do this stuff in PS, but it just all left me. I keep trying to do stuff the same way I do it in PSP. hehe. Man, I suck! :)

Anyway, great to be here!

--zannie :)

Hi Zannie and welcome to the board!

I just went to your web site an I really like it; very good design :perfect:

My first son was born 9 months ago and likes sitting in his "excersaucer" rocking back and forth (saw one on your web site too). He even hit to the dog today, ouch! haha

About your questions; to change the size of your brush you have two options;

a) double click on the brush icon on the tool bar - or -
b) use the [ and ] keys to change the size

You can also use the { and } keys to change the density of the brush.

To promote the background layer to a layer, just double click on it and click ok

Ok, now you can move on and post your next question as soon as you have one ;)

Just look around on our board. If you browse our threads you will notice that we're one big happy family of Photoshoppers. No questions are getting unaswered, since there's always someone to help you out. We enjoy working with Photoshop and the fun on the board is what drives many of us to higher levels.

Nice to have you on the board Zannie and ask as many questions as you want, share ideas, experiment, join challenges or have just plain fun! :D

For any more questions, you might want to read this thread:

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1215

C'ya around ;)

Welcome, Zannie!

As Gaussian said, this is a great community of Photoshop users. We have members with all levels of experience here, and we all help each other out. Definitely feel free to ask your questions; someone will be able to answer them.

Be sure to check out Mark's tutorials, especially the Learning Fundamentals. And don't be afraid to try the others; I found Mark's tutes to be very clear, and fun to do.

Welcome Zannie.

Welcome aboard Zannie! :D This a fun, friendly & very educational forum, here! ;) You've already found that out! Stick around, learn & have loads of fun! :perfect:

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!!

Gaussian: Thanks for the tips!! I'm gonna go play right now and see what I can do! ;)

Your poor doggie!!! hehehehe. we have no pets for Brucie to bump into - unless he bumps into the fish - then we're in trouble!! LOL :rofl:

--zannie :)

Now that you mention fish...my son also hit the stand of the fishtank a couple times, scaring the sh*t out of them :rofl:
Enjoy the time that your son is not moving around, because we have our hands full to keep our son away from things he shouldn't touch :D

Welcome, Zannie!

I was thinking that you called your son Bruce in honour to the Photoshop Guru Bruce Fraser [saywhat] (kidding)
I hope that PSP is close enough of PS so you won't have that much trouble...

Welcome to the community zannie. [excited]
Hope you enjoy your stay.

I have nothing fruther to add to everyone's posts.
I believe the other guys have said it all.
Thanks guys! :perfect:

Welcome to the forum Zannie, I am new here too, and have been so impressed with the friendliness of everyone, feel right at home. Also, have learned alot from the tutorials by Mark and from the answers to my questions here. Identified with you immediately as my first question was how to unlock a background!

Welcome Zannie, if you want to learn PS then I suggest you jump right in and try your hand at some of the challenge threads :perfect: :D

Back