What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image Processor script, modification.

PutinHuilo

Hello, folks i wonder if someone has experience or can guide me to right direction on how to modify Image Processor script used in Photoshop to avoid bug i mentioned here on Adobe forum, but i think it will take years for adobe to come up with this fix so i want to do it myself or with your help.

Here's the description of a problem:
When using File > Scripts > Image Processor... on camera RAW files and selecting Open first file to apply settings then before processing images inside folder it opens first image in Adobe Camera Raw to apply settings and then reuses set settings for every next file it process.

However one thing that is like a bug to me, is that script remembers White Balance settings Temperature and Tint exactly as they are specified in first file even if you never changed them from default position, and then apply same exact values of Temperature and Tint to the remaining images it processing, thus messing up White Balance for this images.

Possible and logical solution would be - when opening image to apply settings if White Balance dropdown menu say "As Shot" then WB was never changed and Temperature and Tint should not be remembered.
If someone wants to save Temperature and Tint they can switch White Balance drop down to "Custom" setting, script should remember Temperature and Tint settings and apply them.

By the way script is located here C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Presets\Scripts\Image Processor.jsx and can be opened with text editor like Notepad++, not sure what programming language is this.

Fix i need is to ignore Temperature and Ting settings when using Open first file to apply settings option.

Last edited:

Back