What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image Ready Questions

Ribs

Hey guys, I need some simple help with Image Ready.

I'm trying to make a GIF and heres my problem. I have 30 frames, and I want a picture A to be in every other one, and B to be in every other frame. So by frames it goes a - b - a - b ect. The problem is that if i change something in one frame it goes away in all the frames. How do i edit every frame individually?

Also a second question, when I publish the gif, Its 30 frames long and every frame is spaced by 0.05 seconds. The gif plays at like 1 frame per second. Why does it do that? If i publish it as a quicktime movie it plays at its correct speed.

You first question Ribs requires more details. The problem is familiar but without more detail as to whatyour animation is about, etc... it's difficult to explain exactly what you should do.

The second question is a result of browsers abilities. Each browser plays animations at a slightly varying speed. And as well, it's based somewhat on the users computer. Animations come off slightly differently for everyone.

Is the problem that it's playing too slow? Or too fast?

Its playing too slow in the browser but in image ready its playing fine.

Basically this is my animation. I have a cloud tile that keeps going across the screen and comming back ( so it looks like the clouds are constantyl flying one way). Then I have a plane in one spot. So pretty much i have a plane flying through the clouds. the entire clip is 30 frames long so it moves smooth. All of it works up to now. So then I have 2 different engine flames that I want to alternate each frame so it looks like the engine fire is moving. The problem is when I delet the flames on one frame so i can put in the other frame, all of the frames flames get deleted.

Hi Ribs,

Are you using the layers palette? If so, when you choose a frame, the visible layers load into that frame (the eyeball icon indicates the layer is visible). If your two flames were on different layers, turning their visibllity on and off in alternate frames would yield the result you are after if I understand the issue.

To adjust the speed of the animation, each frame has the delay time just below it in the Animation palette. Click on the time and a menu pops up. Generally, for a smooth effect choose 0.1 seconds or less. I frequently use 0.07 seconds which requires using the Other... choice.

Thanks - that worked. I thought the hiding from view was just to help you make the pictures.

I have one more question about animated gifs. Does it have some kind of formula for tweening like flash, or does the gif just save as 30 different images?

Animations save as a series of individual frames. I'm not sure how flash works but in ImageReady there is a function called 'tweening'.

"Tweening frames

You use the Tween command to automatically add or modify a series of frames between two existing frames--varying the layer attributes (position, opacity, or effect parameters) evenly between the new frames to create the appearance of movement. For example, if you want to fade out a layer, set the opacity of the layer in the starting frame to 100%; then set the opacity of the same layer in the ending frame to 0%. When you tween between the two frames, the opacity of the layer is reduced evenly across the new frames."

For the complete listing look in ImageReady Help > Animations > Tweening frames.

Back