What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Improve the sky

mmathu

Can someone replace the washed-out sky backdrop in this model train photo with a bluer sky? Nothing dramatic... even a plain blue sky or a few wisps of clouds would be appreciated.

... there is some ghosting at the edges of the water tower from the photo-stacking software; if anyone has an interest in trying to fix that also — please be my guest!!!

119980739_10221004002321736_398161831860478460_n.jpg

Last edited:

JeffK

Guru
Here's two versions - wasn't sure what you meant by "ghosting" on the water tank so took a guess.

Train yard with plain blue sky:

blue sky trainyard.jpg

Trainyard with cloudy sky:

cloudy sky trainyard.jpg

mmathu

Thank you, this is great! The "ghosting" I referred to is an artifact which sometimes occurs when using focus stacking software (I used Helicon Focus) gets confused near the edges of objects at different distances, and makes a wrong selection ofsource images. In the photo I submitted the effect is most noticeable along the left edge of the water tank ... the software used some of the backdrop image along the edge instead of the water tank itself.