What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermediate Photoshop user has a really dumb question to make... :P

Harakiri

Hi everyone!

Well, i've been messing with photoshop for almost 4 years and curiously, the most simple tasks are the ones that give me most of the headaches. A few months ago, i was making a CD cover (frontside only) with the respective configurations:

Width: 12cm
Height: 12cm

Resolution: 300 pixels/Inch

The thing is that i've printed the image to see how it would turn out and the measures were completely wrong. Note that i've exported the image to *.JPG, but i think that makes no difference. Does it? :)

I'm sorry to waste your time with things like this but i couldn't find a answer when i googled for it.

Thanks in advance for reading this, you guys make awesome things around here, i hope that someone clears me out because i'm getting really frustrated... :p

See you around! :)

Open the image in PS. Look at Image > Size. What does it say. If it says 12cm x 12cm x 300dpi resolution, that's what should print all right. I do wonder why you are saving the file as a JPEG, though. Any time I save a file for a quality print, I use TIF or PSD.

By the way, welcome to the forums, Harakiri.

Thanks for replying Welles!

I saved to JPEG because i was in a rush and i only had a floppy around so i had to compress it to print over my dad's PC. When the print was done i was kinda surprised with the size of the image, i'm still thinking about what may have caused that problem.

Well, maybe it deserves another try with the original PSD file, my odds go to the stupid HP print application wizzard that runs everytime i try to print something on the other PC.

Thanks once more, i'll see what i can do. :)

Back