What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Is it possible to project image upon the sides of a (2D) polygon?

TineX

Forgive me, math and geometry are really not my thing so probably I am using the wrong terms: I need to project images upon polygons that afterwards can be rebuilt into 3D models for a paper project, is there a way to do that with Photoshop? I think it's called "gnomonic projection", this is an example with a map but the plan was to do it with other images. Is there a way to do it? Thank you...

f76f66d50c2e6928e17cae5406cad1c8.png

As far as I can tell through research, Photoshop can't actually create a gnomonic projection. But I'm still looking.

I know that we have discussed a 2D mockup for a box design, but that's relatively simple since you're dealing with an existing template/pattern. It would be like placing images/letters on the each side of the example you have above. Deconstructing a 3D geometric object into a 2D template or pattern may also be out of Ps's wheelhouse as far as I can tell. But, I have seen Ps do things that I was not aware of.

Back