What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its time people.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
theKeeper said:
Ok guys, sorry... i gotta step in here for a sec...

Stick this was supposed to be a "debate" of sorts, was it not? If you actually read your initial post you'll see that you didn't really set the stage for any type of debate. Basically there's just some Mac bashing going on.

I thought i'd leave the thread open in the hopes that a healthy discussion might ensue. But even after others took part, i still don't see any kind of "debate" going on... there's still just Mac bashing. I've seen no mention of PC stats that are presented in a 'comparitive' manner to Macs. Which would then provide a formal stage for a "technical" debate.

My comment about "people are over this" was intended to imply that people are over this subject and don't care to talk about it much anymore. Usually it's because as was mentioned, a lot of us have been using comps for decades and have heard this story presented in many different forms, but always covering and leading to the same thing.

As Gidgit mentioned... nowadays, dispite what the big companies would like you to believe, there is no difference in performance, if you're willing to pay for it. It's more a hardware issue nowadays than an OS issue. To be a professional in this biz does not require you to have the latest'n'greatest system. It only requires you have a system that can give you the power/speed you need to do what you have to do. The rest is up to each "professional" to know their OS and software well enough to create a finely tuned workflow.

And honestly, that's all there is to this issue. And it's been this way for a very long time. I suggest people not take the marketing hype so seriously, and focus on learning their software.

And that's my 2? on this subject... for the last time.

And guys... unless you're wishing to partake in a healthy debate on this issue, please do not post in this thread just to say you disapprove of it's subject matter. Because IMHO that's just a "unpreductive" as some feel this whole thread is to begin with. ;)

Mark, sry. but seriously, I just think you're anti-mac. If it is a mac bash, why care about it? It's not going to hurt anyone, its not going to turn into some kind of bashing protest or something like that. We all have our oppinions, and the person who started the thread is pro-mac, therefore didnt give to much consideration to windows users. So my idea if we could have a fair debate... like a no spin zone one :D (the orielly factor type)... and we have a poll. IT would just to see what other people's oppinions are on this subject. It's good to hear other's oppinions. Thats my thought. So mark, if you seriously dont agree of this thread, lock it... but I do not encourage that. I think this thread is just fine. [saywhat] [stuned]

Hey Alistair not sure if it is just my end or not but you have under your name/title this.........
您的位置首下分类形像制作类
which is pushing the side over so that I can't read the board

is it just my system or does everyone have the same effect?
sfm

Ya I think Mark is working on the board Sue :)

Alistair you have that back to front bud,Stick is not fond of Macs and he started the thread with that discussion in mind,not the other way around.

Stu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back