What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaggedness in channels

Illusionist

Hello guys,
I was playing around with lighting images today by first creating an alpha channel, blurring it and then applying the lighting effects filter to it. For some reason after applying the filter I get jagged edges everywhere. When working with the channel, i did invert the selection and then clear it...but this didnt help the problem at all. I find this very irritating. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings Illusionist. [excited]

Can we please see a screengrab of your channel or image, or both? To get a better idea of what we're dealing with.

Here is a picture of the channel after being guassian blurred, the selection then incerted and cleared.
(for some reason I couldnt save the channel as a jpeg after having made it a new document from the original letter alpha channel)
Here is a picture of the final letter, after the lighting effects filter has been applied to this channel. The jagged edges are clearly visible, and they are inside the selection not out. Inverted the selection and deleting does not help on this layer.
channel2.jpg

hope this helps.

Back