What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeeeeesus, what0s with all the spammers....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisatlemon

Man, Forum admins here really must have their work cut out, I do not want to be in your shoes!

Is this something new, have these forums come under attack, or has this always been a problem? Over the last week or so every single new thread seems to have at least a couple of dumbass spam replies like: " this is a really fantastic post I can learn so much here thank you" - signature "seo professionals" ... or ... "make money by being an idiot".

Christ!

I've never come across this with such intensity. At first I thought it was just a coincidence. Now I'm thinking that maybe you guys have really good SEO ranking and that therefore you're an easy target?

In any case, it's just something that caught my attention - how could it not? ;) Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Chris

Last edited:
Nothing new chris.... It's even like a sport to me to post a can of spam. It's even worse on some days .

PSG's SEO IS GOOD.

The problem lies in the fact that there's no security feature in place at registration. These guys come, register.... mods delete and ban them.... then they come back and register in a different name........

iDad always has his hands full......

I can imagine! There must be some way to filter at least the most annoying ones. I will ask around a little. I haven't run our forum at mameworld.info in years, but it's a pretty high traffic site and we have comparatively little problems like what I see here. Maybe our mods can give us a couple of tips ... If you are interested of course ;)

Cheers

Chris

Ah, ok.

Actually I was wondering about the site owners. Back in the day it was a "Site owner". Unfortunately I forgot his name, but I guess he was the guru :)

Is he still around? Is the company that runs the site now his? Or was the URL simply sold at one point? Anyone know about this?

Cheers

Chris

PS: Lol @ SeniorS :D

Hmmmmmmm, I like that kind of spam........

Ah, ok.

Actually I was wondering about the site owners. Back in the day it was a "Site owner". Unfortunately I forgot his name, but I guess he was the guru :)

Is he still around? Is the company that runs the site now his? Or was the URL simply sold at one point? Anyone know about this?

Cheers

Chris

PS: Lol @ SeniorS :D

You joined in 2008.... I think the site was bought over from the owners you knew - the second time it was sold. I dunno who the new owners are.

The original creator and owner? He's around but doesn't drop by that often.....

bring it Avatar wars boys.......... Steves not home......LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back