What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just an update-

Wait

Well I wanted to give you guys an update of how things are going with my site.. :) Being that this is a great bunch of guru's who always have something to add I wanted to see what everyone thinks. I really want some criticism and advice, so shoot away. :perfect: Oh yeah, I'm still having problems with the refresh issue. If you don't refresh the page you may not see its latest state. :{

(site) http://www.joekiske.com
Explor around the site with your mouse because there are many rollovers.

Thx,

-Joe

Joe...

Put this in your index page header:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0">

That'll make sure that page doesn't get cached, so it'll load fresh with every visit. :perfect:

:D :D

You don't know how helpful that is... I've been looking and asking this question for a good week now. Thx a lot! Also I didn't notice the replies to my other question until now... I'm going to go and check that out.

My personal opinion is that you did a great job with your site Joe :}
I would like to come up with suggestions, to be honest I don't have any. The site looks just fine to me ;)

I have some remarks.... ;) but these are all MY humble opinions... so if you don't agree, that's oke by me.

The text-fonts are very difficult to read. The font left, black, (I figured out it says "navigation") is barely to read. The red text should be 'bigger' for that font.

The frame of the inside window (the scrolling text) is very "hard/clean" to the rest of the site. Maybe you can put it into another frame. (Or make one!)

Most of the buttons didn't work, but I think the site is still under construction?

Don't give up, it will be a very good looking site if it is finished... :perfect:
Bye
Ashcat

Thx guys. Yeah it is still under construction. And don't worry about offending me, I want to hear the slander and dislikes about the site.. How else will I be aware of what people don't like unless they tell me? :perfect: Ashcat I was thinking the same thing about the "navigation" down the side of the menu.. it was a suggestion from a friend so I tried it. It is hard to learn without making a few mistakes here and there. Lets just hope I don't make a lot of them. :rofl:

For the scroll bar in the center of the page... well, I'm just experimenting until I learn to control the size of my text with CSS as Mark recommended in another thread... Sad to say I still don't understand the code. :(| Though, I do have Dreamweaver if someone wants to show me how! lol

And Gaussian!
"The site looks just fine to me" - Good suggestion. :D

[/b]

Nice work Joe! :perfect:

I'm not too fond of the main font that you're using for navigation purposes, as it's somewhat difficult to read... and I would suggest that you keep the 'drop shadows' consistent. Otherwise, I like your overall 'look' and colours! :}

Hello Joe

I found it difficult to read the text style used on the Nav buttons and on the header image as well.

I think the site layout is very good overall! :perfect:

anepu

Back