What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just...uhh... a good site

moses

http://www.51-50.net

check it out, one of the better websites ive seen in my time.

(note: "inv2" is probly the best digital art piece ive ever seen...;] )

Moses

Thanks Moses, nice site. Love the colors and the art is wonderful. Are these friends of yours?

Thanks for the good example of fine work. Wonderful technical too
Joy

Yes Moses, I agree, defintely a nice looking site and they used some quite interesting techniques. The only thing I don't like about sites like this one is...yes, the speed. Although I have DSL I expect some 56k modem users to turn their back on this site and I don't think that is something that the designers had in mind. Highspeed may be quite common in the US and Canada, in most others parts of the world it isn't.
But that doesn't change my opion about how well the site looks :)

Don't know why but when I clicked on that link it was a dead end
Would open for me [confused]

Mmm, that's weird Rick, because I'm trying 40 min later and it's still working. Maybe the site was down for a few min.

Yea must of been down, cause I got in OK this time.[confused]

Nice site but I agree for modem users it would take much to long to load

For Sure

Yep good observation about modums from all. Even with DSL this site didn't suit my impatience.

IMHO Flash has been a dissappointment to me for that reason. The promise was that using their techniques, it would load fast. When it was first introduced, I remember creaters saying....loads fast because uses vector... Well it really hasn't lived up to that performance.

I don't continue learning any animation programs for that reason. I have never had a client tell me, "make it animated even if it takes a long time to load" . Generally they say "I don't care what you do but make it open fast, I hate to sit and wait".

I think for web designers who want to show off their stuff --its fine, like this beautiful site. Because the client will be impressed with the technical capabilities of the creators of this site, but the client probably won't want to use animation (unless drama helps sells their product)..

Joyful anyway.

Well said Joy and I agree completly,
I try to keep my sites simple and to the point and the clients like it that way. For a person to create a personal site, then Flash and animation may be OK, but for creating Websites for business you need to have them load fast or the customers just won't wait. Some of these Hi Tech designers don't seem to understand that everyone dosn't have a DSL conecction. I try to design my sites so they will load on a 28800 modem connection, and then they should be fairly accesable to all net users. I have DSL myself but I still test my sites on a modem connection.

yeah, i kinda know this guy thru another message board.

im on 56k and loading is about 1? - 2 minutes, which isnt too bad imo. considering for that site it's loading the entire layout not just a single page.

good on you all for checking it out

:perfect:

Back