What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Tutorial

lindaw

Power User
I can't seem to find a tutorial on how to make computer keys on a keyboard in pshop. I had a link....well until my browser barfed and now it is gone [upset]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

wbiss

Guru
[confused] I looked for you, too, Linda and couldn't find a thing! [confused]...

But, it shouldn't be that difficult to recreate yourself! ;)

What I did here, in this little example (working with a source picture as my guide) was create the basic shape layers with the pen tool (two) and then just added some shading and highlights.

Geoff

hey coolios "Wendy" :perfect: :perfect: looks great!! :D :D

sfm

Guru
neato Wendy........ in redoing our viking computers site (not up yet) I took dozens and dozens of images of keyboards etc he he he .......

customer walks in..... what are you doing sue?....... oh I am working on another web site....... huh? the keyboard scene - stage left in kitchen...... I have a black sheet draped up and around (it helps to cut out the image later in ps) I have several keyboards in different possitions and I am up standing on chairs and benches to get that perfect photograph
customer walks away scratching and shaking his head muttering something about that he didn't know web page building was so involved :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sfm

lindaw

Power User
Thanks for the info Wendy! Great key! I can' believe there is no tut anywhere. I know I saw one a few weeks ago and even bookmarked it. Oh well doing it this way....it is all my blood and tears!

Yeah I have pics also Sue...tons of them. Thanks goodness for digi cameras!!! :D

wbiss

Guru
You're welcome, Linda!

I was surprised, too, that there wasn't anything out there [confused] ....but, trust me, it's much easier than it looks or you think! ;)

If you like, I can E-mail you my original PS file for disection purposes.

wbiss

Guru
Incoming Linda! ;)

wbiss

Guru
You're Welcome Linda! :)