What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

keyboard arrows make pallettes disappear and rea appear how do i stop it.

nurgle

Hi, I often nudge layers a pixel a time, but using the entended keyboards arrow (direction) keys. but sometimes (not all the time) this makes the workspace palets toggle visable then hidden on and off etc..

Dam annoying. only seem to happen ever now an then when I open photoshop. (could be a loading broblem)

searched shortcuts but cant seem find a cure.

Any clues as to how to stop this ould be appreciated.

Regards, Sandy

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 7.51.39 am.jpg

Hi @nurgle
Most likely those keys were remapped to tab and reverse tab functions which changes the screen modes in photoshop (when PS is active) which will hide the palletes or become visible.
To most effectively help you though, it would be good to know if you have a PC or Mac and which OS version to have forum members give more targeted solutions
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

sorry. iMac 27" 2012... High Sierra. Photoshop CS6... been through the keyboard short kuts, but only found the Function 7 key mapped to that which i have removed... Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 10.21.03 am.jpg

Another place to look on a Mac System is under System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts which is the panel in the image below. Check all of the shortcuts in the right side of the panel in all of the options in the left panel. There are some applications that set keyboard shortcuts at the system level and could carry over to other applications.

Here also is a link that reviews applications that can interfere with keyboard shortcuts. So don't discount other programs you have installed to be interfering as well:
Helpx file about keyboard shortcut issues

Here is the screenshot in Mac System Preferences to also check

Hope this helps some
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 8.02.55 PM.png

wow. thanks heaps.. could not see the arrow keys, but make me aways that there are external things that may also effect photoshop. maybee some filter or photoshop app has installed that but will keep lookings. as I say it only happens intermitant with photoshop. regards, and thanks again.

Back