What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laptop Suggestion Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

5shot

I am getting ready to purchase a new laptop and will be running Photoshop and Lightroom on it. Between these 2, which would be the better machine for PS & LR? I prefer a larger display, but considering the are both 4K, I am more concerned about which will perform better. I am not up to date CPUs and such, and Googling Benchmarks is a bit confusing. I would appreciate some feedback from those with a better understanding of the technical side.

17"
  • Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores) + NVIDIA® GeForce® MX330 (4 GB)
  • 17.3" diagonal 4K UHD, IPS, WLED-backlit, edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160)
  • 1 TB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
  • 32 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 16 GB)
15"
  • Intel® Core™ i7-10750H (2.6 GHz, up to 5 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6 cores) NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q design (6 GB)
  • 15.6" diagonal 4K UHD, UWVA, BrightView, micro-edge, AMOLED, multitouch-enabled, edge-to-edge glass, 400 nits (3840 x 2160)
  • 1 TB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
  • 32 GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM (2 x 16 GB)

Between better processing speed (double in this instance) Vs 2 inch larger display, I would go for the better processor. If need be, you could connect the laptop to a TV if you want a larger display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back