What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lazy person's type/move trick

AppleCider

Power User
So, you've typed something; now you have to move it. How often does that happen? (In my case every time I use the type tool) So, you select the move tool because the V command doesn't work with type, move the type, re-select the Type tool (or press T) if you need to edit.

It doesn't have to be this way. Still in the Type tool, move your curser away from the type, an inch or so in any direction. The curser will change to the Move tool temporarily and you can drag the type where you want it. To edit the type, move the curser close to the type.

this weekend I also just doubled clicked the T (as the type tool was not selected) on the layer palete this brought up the type tool so that I could change the font colour.......... I was being lazy as I was just draging the text layer onto the next image then changed the colour instead of retyping the whole thing again and again and again he he he
sfm

Back