What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo - circle combined with shape and flattened

Hanarky

Hi,
I try to recreate the logo in the pic below. The ring and the shapes seems to be made in one piece and the ring seems to flatten, where it goes over in the shapes and at the areas, where the circle is interrupted. In the bottom shape is another shape inset to it.
The other 2 shapes are mine, one as composite shape and the other as separate items for circle and shapes.

I can see, that the logo is made with beveling and the render-filter to get its dimensions, but no matter, what I try I don't get that effect. It shall look like the original, except that I want to have a more metallic look like in my pic at the bottom.
Since I am not a big friend with the blending-filter, I created the roundness with a second circle in white with a gaussian blur, after not being able to create it with the blending-filter.
How should I proceed, working with the composite shape or with separate forms and most important in what order. Any ideas anyone. I slowly despair with that :(|

Any help is highly appreciated :)

Hanarky

I think you have the right idea Hanarky.

Break the object down into separate shapes. Start recreating the image from the bottom elements upward; in a stacking order.

I wouldn't use the bevel filter for this as it won't give you anywhere near as good an effect as say, the way you've already done it.

Keep moving in the direction you're headed, it appears to be a good one. :perfect:

Seems, I have to learn it the hard way [:I

Anyway, I come closer. This was done with the composite shape.
I think I got it how to do the insets. But not very content yet. There is bevel in it and it kinda ruins the whole pic.
I keep trying [sly]

Hi,

I have finished the logo. But I am not quiete content with the middle shape under the font and simply have no idea, how to make it look better. Even the half-moon shape at the bottom looks a bit unclean.
Has anyone any idea, how to fix that? I have tried everything I know about. And any idea for the shape in the middle?

All suggestions and help is appreciated :)

Hanarky

Hanarky, I like it just fine! there is a point when one has to step back and stop tweaking or else you wont ever be satisfied, Believe me I've destroyed many a good image by overworking it.

Thanks for the reply. I think, you are right. I stop trying to improve this pic :)

Back