What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to buy a Digital Camera

Bobzworld

Power User
The family was thinking about buying a Digital Camera but there are so many out thier we don't know whats what.
We wanna be able to upload halfway descent size pics not small unfocused ones.
It'll be used as a family cam not proffessional and i guess we have $200.00 to $300.00 to spend.

any ideas what we might get?

thanks

Hi Bobzworld,

There are a couple of good answers to this very question posted by myself and a couple of friends on another little forum made up by a couple of dozen friends. We were answering a question about the best for about $200. If you can go nearly $300 the best bet I think is the Cannon Powershot A70 which is right now most popular as seen on this site...http://dealcam.com/ and you can purchase it for $284 shipped.

Here's the source of that good info...written today, so it's current.

http://pub105.ezboard.com/fappleimacplusfrm11.showMessage?topicID=1065.topic

By the way, I have an Olympus C3030Z which cost about $1,000 when I bought it a couple of years ago. The Cannon is a great camera at a great price!

Yea, I second the Canon vote... good lens quality for sure... I have a Canon A5 Powershot, and only a .8 megapix at that(older model) and yet it rocks eh :D I can only imagine what a 4+ megapixel would be like... that will be the next one for us :)

If you did make a choise for some cameras and want to know what the difference is between those camera's you can visit www.dpreview.com.
You can make a selection of 3 cams and you'll see what the cam can do. Technical stuff and even some pictures.
Succes and have fun!
Bye
Ashcat

Back